Matthew D. Henderson
I'm Matt Henderson, a graphic and web designer in Springfield, MO. When I'm not spending time with my family, I like to be creative.
I have a background in print journalism. I have been working in marketing since 2006.
Branding & Graphic Design
- Meet clients to learn about their businesses and make custom recommendations for future marketing strategies.
- Design print publications and promo items including catalogs, manuals, signage and tradeshow displays.
- Design full ad campaigns including brochures, cards, vehicle wraps, clothing and multimedia presentations.
- Choose printing resources and negotiate pricing.
- Hire and manage sub contractors, such as photographers and developers.
- Design and maintain complex websites with thousands of products and users.
- Design front-end user experiences as well as back-end user interfaces.
- Focus modern responsive designs with simple intuitive navigation.
- Instructor of web design at Ozarks Technical Community College: Community Enrichment.
- Involved in many aspects including interviews, writing, photography and some layout.
- Assistant Editor during the development of the book The Catholic Church in Southern Missouri, The Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau 1956-2006.
- Assistant Muralist at Bass Pro.
PC or Mac
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat and Flash
- FTP, web host management, content management systems (such as Wordpress) and ecommerce software
- Quark, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Self Employed, Branding & Web Design Consultant, Springfield, MO area
June 2008 – present
- Loren Cook, Publications Coordinator and Web Designer, Springfield, MO
Aug 2009 – June 2015
- Marine Grade, Branding & Web Design Consultant for pro fishermen, Nixa, MO
Sept 2006 – Oct 2008
- Newspapers, Writer and/or photographer for The Mirror, Springfield Business Journal, South County Mail, and The Southwest Standard, Springfield and Rogersville, MO
July 2003 – June 2006
- Ozarks Technical Community College
Web Design Certificate
- Missouri State University
Bachelor's Degree. Major: Print Journalism, Minor: Creative Writing