Matthew D. Henderson
I'm Matthew Henderson, a graphic and web designer in Springfield, MO. When I'm not spending time with my family, I like to be creative.
I have a background in art & print journalism. I have been working in marketing since 2006.
As a Christian, I have a passion for charities.
So, I offer a discount to non-profits.
A portion of all commercial jobs goes to my favorite ministries.
I hope we can work together.
Peace be with you,
Branding & Graphic Design
- Meet clients to learn about their businesses and make custom recommendations for future marketing strategies.
- Design print publications and promo items including catalogs, manuals, signage and tradeshow displays.
- Design full ad campaigns including brochures, cards, vehicle wraps, clothing and multimedia presentations.
- Choose printing resources and negotiate pricing.
- Hire and manage sub contractors, such as photographers and developers.
- Design and maintain complex websites with thousands of products and users.
- Design front-end user experiences as well as back-end user interfaces.
- Focus modern responsive designs with simple intuitive navigation.
- Instructor of web design at Ozarks Technical Community College: Community Enrichment.
- Involved in many aspects including interviews, writing, photography and some layout.
- Assistant Editor during the development of the book The Catholic Church in Southern Missouri, The Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau 1956-2006.
- Assistant Muralist at Bass Pro.
PC or Mac
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat and Flash
- FTP, web host management, content management systems (such as Wordpress) and ecommerce software
- Quark, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Self Employed, Branding & Web Design Consultant, Springfield, MO area
June 2008 – present
- Loren Cook, Publications Coordinator and Web Designer, Springfield, MO
Aug 2009 – June 2015
- Marine Grade, Branding & Web Design Consultant for pro fishermen, Nixa, MO
Sept 2006 – Oct 2008
- Newspapers, Writer and/or photographer for The Mirror, Springfield Business Journal, South County Mail, and The Southwest Standard, Springfield and Rogersville, MO
July 2003 – June 2006
- Ozarks Technical Community College
Web Design Certificate
- Missouri State University
Bachelor's Degree. Major: Print Journalism, Minor: Creative Writing
I developed this site with hand-coded ASP (the language the company said I had to use).
There are tens of thousands of active users.
Clients may search for products many different ways, including by model, type, and photo.
It features lots of fun jQuery plugins to give the site more user interaction.
There is a client / lead tracking aspect to the site as well.
Pitts Injury Law
I developed this custom Wordpress site. Wordpress allows you, the client, to edit your own website after it is done.
This is a nonprofit organization's site, which features information about their mission and a news publishing section.
It is designed in Wordpress. It is responsive to mobile screen sizes.
It is maintained by its owner.
As a subcontractor, I was given a photoshop file with a
magazine layout style concept, and told to make the site look like the print layout.
It features drop down menus and a photo gallery.
I have designed other sites throughout the years, including large ecommerce sites,
but over the course of many years, many of them are now extinct. I hope to add more sites to this list soon.
Call me to get started on your project.